Friday, September 26, 2008

To The Fullest........


Belsen Cross 2 b&w
Originally uploaded by Jasmic

Life is so short, and time goes by so fast. It just kind of hit me in the face this week. I'll be 18yrs old tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday I was an over-obsessed-with-looks 12/13yr old, then an hour ago I feel like I was a sloppy-caring-but not doing anything to help myself 16yr old, and a minute ago I feel the same and did most of the same things at 17yr that I did at age 16yr.

I see now that I've wasted so much time worrying about what other people thought about me, not whole heartedly living my life for God, and not treating the body the Lord has given me like I should. I want to change that more than ever now.

Our lives are like vapor (Psalm 39:5). It's almost like tomorrow (if that be the Lord's will) I'll be a grandmother. You know something; I could die today, and not even know how it felt to be 18yr.

Life is way too short to live it the way I have been living it. It will take much prayer for me to change, but with God's help I know I can change and live this life to the fullest - and that means living this life fully for Him.

Here's some of things on the list I wrote for myself:

  • Live this life fully for God (read your Bible, and pray for understanding, and you'll know all you need to know to live this life fully for Him)
  • Be content with your life (that doesn't mean stop striving for the best)
  • Do not be afraid of people- stand up tall (girl you're beautiful).
  • Take chances
  • Smile more
  • Don't be afraid to look weird (you have just as much a right to speak up and be heard as the other girls do)
  • If a guy doesn't like you the way you are then he's not the guy for you.
  • Be content with the way you look (listen to Mandisa's song True Beauty)

Madisa -True Beauty Song


.

.

Psalm 139 : 14

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.

3 comments:

~Kris said...

Hey, Love this post. Happy birthday!!!! I hope you live this next year that God has given you fully serving Him.

~Kris said...

Hey Beth,

The Live Plan is not going to well, I admitt that I could do much better. Let's commit it to prayer. Did you have a good birthday? :)

Allyson Janell said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!!!!
18! OFFICAL ADULT!!!
I hope your birthday was awesome!
love,
Allyson

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page